The Blackout Hangout

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Blackout Hangout

Are you a musician. Do you want to connect with other musicians and advertise your music / band? Well this is the place to come! Sign up today and join the community!

3 posters

"Penpal" - Dathan Auerbach (1000Vultures)

Zaethix
    Zaethix

Leo Rat
    Birthday : 1996-08-21
    Favorite Bands : Daft Punk; The Killers; Aleksander Vinter
    Favorite Genre : Indie; House; Alt.; etc.

Awards Profile
    Forum Awards:
    Member Status: Regular Member

"Penpal" - Dathan Auerbach (1000Vultures) Empty "Penpal" - Dathan Auerbach (1000Vultures)

Post by Zaethix Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:14 pm

What started off as a simple story on reddit, by a user with the name 1000Vultures, soon became 6 part story on subreddit, r/nosleep. This series has now been given the title "Penpal" and has been published into a horror novel.
    Have a nice summary from the back of the book.
    In an attempt to make sense of his own mysterious and unsettling childhood memories, a man begins to reconstruct his past. As the games and adventures of his youth become engulfed by a larger story, he finds that it forms a tapestry of unbelievable horror that he never could have expected.
    Each chapter completes a different piece of the puzzle for both you and the narrator, and by the end of it all, you will wish that you could forget what he never knew.
    In my opinion, its a damn good read especially at 3 am.
    Theres also a nice audio reading of the 6 parts here.

So yeah. Forgot where all I was going with this so I'm just gonna post it now. Kthxbye.

Oh wait, now I remember, theres a grand possibility of this lovely novel being made into a movie! Produced by Academy Award winner Rich Middlemas.

Yeah. Thats that.
    skeletorissatan

Sagittarius Dog
    Birthday : 1994-12-04
    Favorite Instrument : Guitar
    Favorite Bands : Fit For Rivals, The Explicits, Kreator, Cannibal Corpse, Cryptopsy, InMe
    Favorite Genre : Progressive Rock

Awards Profile
    Forum Awards:
    Member Status: Regular Member

"Penpal" - Dathan Auerbach (1000Vultures) Empty Re: "Penpal" - Dathan Auerbach (1000Vultures)

Post by skeletorissatan Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:06 am

ill have a look dude
    ShadowQ
    ShadowQ

Aquarius Buffalo
    Birthday : 1998-01-25
    Favorite Instrument : I can never really pick just one.
    Favorite Bands : Radiohead, Pink Floyd, The Beatles,
    Favorite Genre : Alternative Rock, Experimental Rock, Progressive Rock, Psychedelic Rock,

"Penpal" - Dathan Auerbach (1000Vultures) Empty Re: "Penpal" - Dathan Auerbach (1000Vultures)

Post by ShadowQ Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:55 pm

Book...created by one of my favorite subreddits....reddit. I must have this....I betcha tree fiddy I'll never find it...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:58 am