The Blackout Hangout

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Blackout Hangout

Are you a musician. Do you want to connect with other musicians and advertise your music / band? Well this is the place to come! Sign up today and join the community!

Bloody Rose

AlaniIodine
    AlaniIodine
    Admin

Gemini Dog
    Birthday : 1994-06-18
    Favorite Instrument : Clean Vocals
    Favorite Bands : Toyz, Crown the Empire, Mayday Parade, Sleeping With Sirens, Pierce the Veil, Sixx:A.M., My Chemical Romance, Thousand Foot Krutch, Mainstream Scare, Lovex, Kill Hannah
    Favorite Genre : Post-Hardcore, Pop Punk, Alternative

Awards Profile
    Forum Awards:
    Member Status: Staff Member

Bloody Rose Empty Bloody Rose

Post by AlaniIodine Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:25 pm

A/N: This is an anime cross-over that I wrote recently after watching a few episodes of Vampire Knight. I only count it as a cross-over because it loosly follows a few certain parts of the second season. But it is still only a writing exercise. I hope you like it.

"You made me promise you something once. Do you remember what it was?"

He had his back to me. Even so, I could feel his emotions as clearly as if I could see them on his face.

"I remember," he replied.

"I became a vampire." I was suddenly standing right behind him.

"I don't believe that. Alice, I can't believe that."

His bloody rose dangled at his side, but I could see the slight movement as his grip tightened. I was now standing in front of him, watching his expression as his eyes widened.

"No matter how hard you believe, no matter how many times you tell yourself, I'm not human. Nothing you can do can change that."

I grabbed the barrel of his bloody rose, keeping his hand closed around the gun, and aimed it at my heart.

"Now I'm the vampire. But is that all you see me as? Am I just another monster to hunt? Or am I still the Alice you know?"

He finally looked at me.

"You are not a monster; I don't believe that. But you are no longer the Alice I used to know. She is gone."

"Yes. She is."

"Why did you even come here?" he asked, pulling his hand back with such speed that I let it go. "Did you think we could just talk about it and everything would be back to the way it was?"

I was silent. He knew what I was thinking. And I knew he was right.

"Well, we can't. It doesn't work that way anymore. Were you still the Alice I knew, then maybe we could. But she is gone."

"You're right. The old Alice is gone. She has been devoured by the true Alice."

"I can believe that, in part. But I cannot, however, believe that you are a vampire, nor that that is what the true Alice is."

"How, then, can I convince you of the truth?"

"Prove it to me."

"Prove it to you? Are you sure?"

"If you want me to believe you so badly, then prove it to me the only way you know how."

His eyes took in my expression, probably watching my eyes flash red as the thought of blood passed through my mind. But I couldn't bring myself to prove it to him in that way. Maybe, another day, I would find alternative proof. But for now, he would have to continue to believe whatever he wanted, regardless of its truth.

"I can't do that. You know I cannot."

Now it was his turn to be silent again. But I could see him make a decision. He took a step back from me and reaimed the gun. I continued to stare at him, no longer caring what he chose to do. I would be fine with whatever he did.

"I can't bring myself to kill you now, if you truly are a vampire. But, if you are, there is one thing you should know."

He began backing away from me slowly, talking while he went.

"One day, you will see me again. And when you do, it will be the last thing you see."

Then he was gone, and I was alone. I knew the words he spoke were the truth, and I knew this foreseen event would come to pass. And I would let it, because I would have it no other way.

"Then I'll wait," I whispered. "I will wait."

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:46 pm