The Blackout Hangout

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Blackout Hangout

Are you a musician. Do you want to connect with other musicians and advertise your music / band? Well this is the place to come! Sign up today and join the community!

3 posters

Your Methods for Dispatching of Writers Block

Envy
    Envy
    Admin

Aries Rooster
    Birthday : 1993-04-09
    Favorite Instrument : Harsh Vocals
    Favorite Bands : Red, Deathstars, Crown the Empire, Of Mice & Men, Mayday Parade, Black Veil Brides, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and Twelve Foot Ninja.
    Favorite Genre : Post-Hardcore

Awards Profile
    Forum Awards:
    Member Status: Staff Member

Your Methods for Dispatching of Writers Block Empty Your Methods for Dispatching of Writers Block

Post by Envy Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:53 am

Well, let this be a thread for those who want to post their methods of getting rid of Writers Block.

I personally have five methods that I use for getting rid of writers block.

1. Taking a break and writing a paragraph about something completely random, anything that happens to come to mind.
    2. Listening to some music
    3. Eating Jolly Ranchers (or any candies that feel good on my throat, like starbursts for example)
    4. Sit back in my chair and close my eyes for a few minutes
    5. Take a 40 minute shower and relax

Do you guys have any methods for eradicating Writer's Block?
    AlaniIodine
    AlaniIodine
    Admin

Gemini Dog
    Birthday : 1994-06-18
    Favorite Instrument : Clean Vocals
    Favorite Bands : Toyz, Crown the Empire, Mayday Parade, Sleeping With Sirens, Pierce the Veil, Sixx:A.M., My Chemical Romance, Thousand Foot Krutch, Mainstream Scare, Lovex, Kill Hannah
    Favorite Genre : Post-Hardcore, Pop Punk, Alternative

Awards Profile
    Forum Awards:
    Member Status: Staff Member

Your Methods for Dispatching of Writers Block Empty Re: Your Methods for Dispatching of Writers Block

Post by AlaniIodine Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:02 pm

I tend to do writing sprints, where I'll sit and write literally whatever's going through my mind, even if it's just random shit that doesn't make sense or anything, for periods of 1 minute or 5 minutes or however long I feel like writing. That usually works.

Or I'll dig up some random piece of writing that I haven't touched in ages and just start adding on to it or rewriting it; whatever happens to work at that particular moment.

Music helps, too. Like picking a song and then writing whatever comes to mind when I'm listening to it. Although, a lot of times, that leads to writing a story-fic, which I prefer to stay away from.
    skeletorissatan

Sagittarius Dog
    Birthday : 1994-12-04
    Favorite Instrument : Guitar
    Favorite Bands : Fit For Rivals, The Explicits, Kreator, Cannibal Corpse, Cryptopsy, InMe
    Favorite Genre : Progressive Rock

Awards Profile
    Forum Awards:
    Member Status: Regular Member

Your Methods for Dispatching of Writers Block Empty Re: Your Methods for Dispatching of Writers Block

Post by skeletorissatan Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:20 am

pour a bucket of water over my head (no joke )

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:57 pm