The Blackout Hangout

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Blackout Hangout

Are you a musician. Do you want to connect with other musicians and advertise your music / band? Well this is the place to come! Sign up today and join the community!

5 posters

Black Veil Brides

Envy
    Envy
    Admin

Aries Rooster
    Birthday : 1993-04-09
    Favorite Instrument : Harsh Vocals
    Favorite Bands : Red, Deathstars, Crown the Empire, Of Mice & Men, Mayday Parade, Black Veil Brides, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and Twelve Foot Ninja.
    Favorite Genre : Post-Hardcore

Awards Profile
    Forum Awards:
    Member Status: Staff Member

Black Veil Brides Empty Black Veil Brides

Post by Envy Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:39 pm

Black Veil Brides Center

Where can I start about this band? Well for one you either love em or hate em. One thing's for sure though, they've risen out of obscurity and into ridiculous heights of popularity. Mostly due to the libido and physical appearence of their vocalist, Andrew Biersack. With the secondary reasons being the constant influx of guitar solos and the prominent display of glam style make-up, (which they are now slowly removing from their style.)

I'm one of the few people of my age and gender that (gasp) enjoys this band. Not trying to be stereotypical, sexist or ageist. I really don't see a problem with them as a band, they have some nifty guitar work, the drummer's got chops and Andrew's smoky croon fits the music well. I'm personally a major fan of their first album the most (with some songs off of the 2nd and 3rd albums as some of my favorites as well.) The first album hits hard with me due to nostalgia and the fact that the album's influences are from some of my favorite bands. The second and third albums are pretty decent hard rock albums to me. (With some notable stand-outs such as "The Legacy, Shadows Die, Lost It All, Done For You, Savior and Ritual.")

What I want to know is, what do you think of this band. If you hate them, why do you hate them. If you love them, why do you love them. If you've never heard of them, well, I'll link the single from their most recent album in this topic.

Song: "In The End"

AlaniIodine
    AlaniIodine
    Admin

Gemini Dog
    Birthday : 1994-06-18
    Favorite Instrument : Clean Vocals
    Favorite Bands : Toyz, Crown the Empire, Mayday Parade, Sleeping With Sirens, Pierce the Veil, Sixx:A.M., My Chemical Romance, Thousand Foot Krutch, Mainstream Scare, Lovex, Kill Hannah
    Favorite Genre : Post-Hardcore, Pop Punk, Alternative

Awards Profile
    Forum Awards:

Black Veil Brides Empty Re: Black Veil Brides

Post by AlaniIodine Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:04 pm

OMG, Envy, you are totally the one of the far left. Like. That is so something you would do. xD cat
    skeletorissatan

Sagittarius Dog
    Birthday : 1994-12-04
    Favorite Instrument : Guitar
    Favorite Bands : Fit For Rivals, The Explicits, Kreator, Cannibal Corpse, Cryptopsy, InMe
    Favorite Genre : Progressive Rock

Awards Profile
    Forum Awards:
    Member Status: Regular Member

Post by skeletorissatan Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:41 pm

Their debut ruled pretty hard, set the world on fire sucks chode, Their new one is like a 3.5/5. We stitch these wounds is a 5/5.
    They SUCK live though-andy can die as far as im concerned
    Cygnatti

Capricorn Dog
    Birthday : 1995-01-01

Post by Cygnatti Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:06 pm

Ugh, these guys. Their lyrics are super cheesy, they try to act like victims and try to "stand up" for the little guys and shit like that. It's so damn cheesy and doesn't even come off as sincere.

Somehow they appeal to young pre-teen kids who look or act nothing like these guys and they feel like they totally "get them" or some shit. As far as musically, they are boring, and remind me too much like Nickelback.
    merpmerp
    merpmerp

Pisces Pig
    Birthday : 1995-03-08
    Favorite Bands : Dance Gavin Dance, The Early November, Elenora, The Fall of Troy, Glassjaw, Of Machines, Pierce the Veil, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Reign of Kindo, Transit, Walk The Moon, We Are The Ocean
    Favorite Genre : Post-Hardcore, Alternative Rock

Post by merpmerp Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:15 pm

ah... this band. Not awful. but not good, in any way. at all.
    Envy
    Envy
    Admin

Aries Rooster
    Birthday : 1993-04-09
    Favorite Instrument : Harsh Vocals
    Favorite Bands : Red, Deathstars, Crown the Empire, Of Mice & Men, Mayday Parade, Black Veil Brides, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and Twelve Foot Ninja.
    Favorite Genre : Post-Hardcore

Awards Profile
    Forum Awards:

Post by Envy Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:16 pm

Cygnatti wrote:Ugh, these guys. Their lyrics are super cheesy, they try to act like victims and try to "stand up" for the little guys and shit like that. It's so damn cheesy and doesn't even come off as sincere.

Somehow they appeal to young pre-teen kids who look or act nothing like these guys and they feel like they totally "get them" or some shit. As far as musically, they are boring, and remind me too much like Nickelback.

Musically (especially with the new album) they come off as being extremely similar to Avenged Sevenfold's "City of Evil". I don't really dig the second album that much, but as skeletor said, the first and third album are pretty cool. I don't mind his vocals honestly, same way that I don't mind Chad Kroeger's (at least not anymore, I used to hate Nickelback, but now I don't mind them and like a couple songs)
    skeletorissatan

Sagittarius Dog
    Birthday : 1994-12-04
    Favorite Bands : Fit For Rivals, The Explicits, Kreator, Cannibal Corpse, Cryptopsy, InMe
    Favorite Genre : Progressive Rock

Awards Profile
    Forum Awards:
    Member Status: Regular Member

Post by skeletorissatan Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:28 am

" With the secondary reasons being the constant influx of guitar solos and the prominent display of glam style make-up, (which they are now slowly removing from their style.) "

No. they put more solos in their new album than ever before, and they still wear just as much makeup (caught em four times so far). I honestly cant stand Kroeger, but i like the vox man. These guys dont suck chode but they definately aint nothing special

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:16 am